Saturday, April 4, 2015

Micah: 11 Months

Micah is currently into everything and thinks being told no is hilarious. We may have our work cut out for us :)
He's started pulling up on everything and will take a couple of steps along. He'll also take steps if I'm holding him up. I think we still have a few months before he's actually walking though.
We're up to 7 teeth now and I'd say more are not far behind. He cut another bottom tooth a couple weeks ago but is still drooling and chewing on his fingers like crazy. 
He still has some fussy times of the day where he will completely fall apart if I walk away from him. It also happens if he doesn't have someone's complete attention. He has no issues with being left in the nursery or with other people so I don't really know what it is. It can be really frustrating though! 
Micah LOVES when people talk to him and will give strangers the best smiles if they look at him and say hi.  
It's been fun watching the relationship between Owen and Micah develop. There are times where they do great together and lots of times where they are total enemies. Owen pushes a lot and doesn't like when Micah is doing certain things even if it's nowhere near where he is playing. Micah has been picked up and dropped twice by Owen. Both in the same day. The first time I told Owen to put him down and he just let go and the next time I thought I was being smart and told Owen to hold on while I ran over but he still just let go. Between a big brother and poor balance the poor kid gets more bumps in a day!
I think Micah will be a little more brave than Owen. He's pretty fearless which makes me nervous! I had to get the gate out last week since he learned to climb the steps. Fortunately I was sitting on the steps with Owen (during one of his MANY time outs for pushing Micah) rather than after he'd fallen down.
Nursing is still so-so. We've mostly cut out feedings during the day (too many distractions) with the exception of one at some point in the middle of the day although we've had several days where we've just been busy or not at home so we've skipped that feeding. He nurses right before bed, then usually wakes up around 2 and 5-6 and nurses then.
Micah still wakes up before the sun so his first nap is usually around 8:30 although there are some mornings where I'm pushing him to make it that long. I had a couple mornings where he woke up around 5 but then went back to sleep until 7ish and I was hoping it was the beginning of a new trend but it lasted 2 days. Oh well. We had a night last week where we were at someone's house and put him down there so we could stay later. He wasn't a fan of being woken up to get in his car seat or to be taken out when we got home. I payed for that decision for a week. That night he woke up 5 times and slowly decreased over the week. It was rough. Two nights ago he actually slept from 7:30-5:20 which is pretty great. The day before he taken to long naps so I figured that night was either going to go really poorly or really well. Fortunately it was the latter. He just got up once last night so hopefully we're back on track.
Micah is eating more table food now. We're probably 50/50 at this point. He gets baby food when he's hungry before dinner is ready or when we're having something I don't want him to eat. There are also days where I think he just doesn't want to chew food and he'll fuss about what's on his tray until he gets baby food.
I moved Micah out of the infant carrier this week. Owen got a new car seat so Micah sits in Owen's old seat. He seemed to love it the for the first trip but has now realized it's still a restraint so it's not so exciting. He usually does pretty well once we get going so not a big deal. The tricky part will be when he falls asleep in the van and I'll have to wake him up to take him out.

Loving bath time! He tries to jump out of my arms as soon as we get near the tub.

Second plane ride! I asked if there were any open seats on the flight and since there was one we got to use it for the car seat which was a huge blessing since he conked out as soon as we started taxiing. This was on the way home and I wish we'd done it on the trip out since it was much easier than holding/nursing him the entire time.

I love his rosy cheeks after naps.


Lunchtime can be rough :)

Grandma and Grandpa D. gave him his first donut

Trying out the sand at the playground on a warm day

Brother got a little tired on the way home from the park so Micah had to share his stroller

Superheroes in daddy's old wagon

I love matching jammies...

Snack time


Bucket rides with brother

No comments:

Post a Comment